Kenny’s Dorm Room Kitchen: Grilled Cheese Sandwich with an Iron
Tired of using that iron your mom bought you solely to unwrinkle your Sabbath attire? If this is the case, here's a perfect recipe to break you out of your lifelong iron-usage routine.
Things You'll Need:
A clothes iron
Two slices of bread per sandwich
Butter (or similar spread)
A knife and plate
1. Turn on your clothes iron. Set the iron on its highest setting (usually "Linen" or "Cotton").
2. Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap around the sandwich.
3. Spread one side of each slice with butter. These are your outer sides and the butter helps them become crispy and oh-so-good. Put cheese in between the slices of bread and wrap the sandwich in foil.
4. Place the hot iron flat on the foil-wrapped sandwich (this doesn't hurt the iron). Let the iron sit on the foil for about 30 seconds; peek inside to see if the sandwich has been toasted.
5. Flip the foil packet over when the first side is done. Place the hot iron flat on the other side of the foil-wrapped sandwich,
6. Open the foil, and put the sandwich onto a plate. If desired, cut into two slices, and enjoy!